Saturday, April 7, 2007

A past from the blast

If you had to look back at your life, what moments are ingrained in your memory as a perfect snapshot ? Colors, sounds, taste and smell clear now as they were back then ? I am sure that if you have children, there are many moments that will never abandon you .

For me, last summer in Montreal - far far away from my beloved Florence- watching the final of the football world cup between Italy and France was one of those moments. I am sure the canadians reading this will roll their eyes, but until the day I die I'll remember being there, in that little bar, with someone loved by my side, feverishly watching the game , holding my breath during the penalties...and then the joy, the tears, the green, white and red everywhere, the people in the streets, the realization of a long dream after 25 years of crushing defeats.

When I have nothing to do (read: when I am supposed to be doing something but I don't feel like it) I scavenge youtube for clips of those moments.
Here are the ones I like the best:

White Stripes+ official commentary (yes, they are slighty biased)



This one starts with all the italian defeats leading up to the 2006 Germany FIFA world cup



And this one is Emilio's favourite, and since he had to watch ALL the ones I found...he gets to pick ;)

CAMPIONI DEL MONDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No comments: